JUICE BOOSTER 2
- the smallest, safest and easiest portable 22kW charging station in the world!
click & charge:
Attach the appropriate adapter, plug in and charge with optimum output. No buttons to press, no incorrect operation, no electrical engineering knowledge. Just charge.
safe & easy:
The only portable charging station in the world with a safe RCD B (or more precisely A/EV), which is triggered with the crucial 6mA DC residual current. Clear, well-arranged function display, single charging box with transparent fault identification.
Get started right away:
The JUICE BOOSTER 2 comes with two adapters included as standard:
for CEE 32 sockets and
for the conventional domestic socket (i.e. Schuko, T13, type L or type G depending on the country of supply).
Additional adapters, or even a full adapter set, can also be ordered (see “Versions” tab)
Exclusive benefits for JUICE BOOSTER owners
With your JUICE BOOSTER 2 you will get exclusive coupons for
- 20% off your car insurance with Zurich Insurance (valid in any country where Zurich insurance is active). Zurich insurance offers very attractive packages for electric cars. And this will save you some incredible 20%!
Buy now your JUICE BOOSTER and switch. All formalities will be taken care off by our e-mobility agent for you.
- Special conditions on all other Zurich insurance products. It's quite possible that you regain the purchase price of your JUICE BOOSTER 2 only these benefits.
- Free 100 km clean driving power provided by EROS ELECTRIC.
- Free updates on any new developments and available accessories for your JUICE BOOSTER 2.
Order and take advantage now!
Orders received first will be delivered first. Current delivery lead time, approx. 3 weeks.
- Mobile charging station JUICE BOOSTER 2
- Industrial plugs: CEE32 400 V, CEE16 400 V, CEE16 230 V (Camping)
- Household plugs: CEE 7/7 Schuko (EU)
The JUICE BOOSTER 2 has been designed, developed, tested and optimized over 18 months of intensive work by an experienced team of e-mobility specialists based on Juice Technology. One key member of the party: The engineers from Designwerk GmbH, among other things well-known for developing the first commercial E-FORCE electric truck and for their round-the-world trip on the ZeroTracer. They gave everything for this project.
Hundreds of hours of practical applications, simulated residual currents, scorching heat and freezing cold in climate chambers and vibration, crash and drive over tests make the JUICE BOOSTER 2 one of the first major products in series production within this category.
This portable charging station meets all the relevant standards, even the amendments due to come into force in early 2017. You are therefore buying a future-proof device.
Everything about the JUICE BOOSTER 2 has been designed for fast, problem-free and safe operation. The mobile phone charger was the inspiration: plug and play.
You will find these key benefits with the JUICE BOOSTER 2:
- The JUICE BOOSTER 2 features automatic adapter recognition. That means the charger is always configured to the optimal charging capacity. Overloading of outlets is therefore prevented.
- For this purpose, Juice Technology developed the future-proof JUICE CONNECTOR adapter plug. This is certified for automotive use and designed so it is also able to cover future functions. All because your investment in the JUICE BOOSTER 2 and the adapter should be a sustainable one.
- The JUICE CONNECTOR fits comfortably in the hand, is easy to plug in and can be removed without risk of injury thanks to a retaining ring mechanism. The connection is safe and watertight.
- At the mains end, adapters are available for type 2 and, for those travelling to France, type 3c. With these, the JUICE BOOSTER 2 can also be used at public charging stations and thus actually replaces the separate charging cable. In other words: You no longer need any separate type 2 cable taking up space. Less copper, less weight, less cable spaghetti.
The Set includes
- the mobile charging station JUICE BOOSTER 2
also the 8 following safety adapters:
- CEE32 red (3-phase, 400 V)
- CEE32 blue (1-phase, 230 V)
- CEE16 red (3-phase, 400 V)
- CEE16 blue (1-phase, 230 V, camping plug)
- EV plug Type 2
- household plug Type G (GB)
- household plug Type L (IT)
- household plug Schuko (CEE7/7) (EU)
- household plug T13 (CH)
- JUICE CONNECTOR extention cable 5 m
- 2 pieces security lock for JUICE CONNECTOR
- Silicon spray for JUICE CONNECTOR
- a transport case with velcro strips to hold the case neatly in position on the carpet in the boot space
- Protective caps for all JUICE CONNECTOR plugs
- Manual, guarantee certificate, vouchers
||Juice Booster 2
||1.0 kg excluding cable
3.2 kg with cable and plug
||70 mm diameter x 225 mm length
|Material and colour
||Aluminium, anodised anthracite
Rubber end caps
||6 - 32 A, single phase and 3-phase
||230 / 400 V
||1.3 - 22 kW
Possible connections at mains end
via automatically detected adapters
Schuko (CEE 7/7)
G type BS1363 (UK)
L Type (IT)
CEE 16 blue 230 V (camping)
CEE 32 blue (UK, FR)
T15 / T25 (CH)
CEE 16 red
CEE 32 red
with more being added on a regular basis
Mains end cable length
|Vehicle-end cable length
||approx. 5 m
The JUICE BOOSTER 2 provides these benefits:
- fully automatic adapter recognition. No need to press any buttons, simply plug in and charge correctly.
- Correct DC residual current protection. In the case of any DC residual current flowing from the car, prevents any RCD A installed in the building from being blinded making it impossible to trigger.
- Adaptable to specific circumstances in France, England and Norway.
- Earth conductor check can be temporarily disabled. Often seen abroad, e.g. in Italy: When a residual current flows off into the generally correct domestic installation via the neutral conductor, for technical reasons the earth conductor checks report an error. Now this is no longer a problem.
- Completely sealed, completely drive-over resistant - both the JUICE BOOSTER 2 itself and the JUICE CONNECTOR safety connector.
Frequently Asked Questions:
“Can I use the JUICE BOOSTER 2 instead of a normal wall box at home?”
Yes. Also coming soon, an elegant and economical wall bracket, that can even be used to remove the booster with a handle if required. If you do use the JUICE BOOSTER 2 as a “wall box”, not only will you save on expensive installation fees, but also on a separate expensive RCD.
“Does that mean that I can simply connect to any existing outlet?”
Yes. Because the JUICE BOOSTER 2 includes all the safety precautions stipulated today and much, much more.
“I would like to charge using the JUICE BOOSTER 2 in my garage and I have therefore had a red CEE 16 outlet installed by an electrician. That now means I need an expensive RCD B residual current device for 800 Euros. Is that really necessary?”
No, absolutely not. Depending on the country, an RCD A is stipulated for industrial outlets but it only costs around 20 - 40 Euros whereas the RCD B is approximately 20x more expensive. This would be of no benefit at all for e-vehicle charging however because it only prevents DC residual currents at 10 - 30 mA. An upstream RCD A protecting the building will already be blinded and non-functional from 6 mA however.
That is why the worry-free package is incorporated into the JUICE BOOSTER 2: It contains an RCD that detects all possible residual currents and is triggered sufficiently early. So, you can save on the 800 Euro RCD and your electrician can cancel his holiday again.
“Is it possible to also single-phase charge with a 3-phase connector (former BMW i3)?”
Yes. The JUICE BOOSTER 2 automatically detects, at the mains end and the vehicle end, the maximum number of phases and maximum power possible. The Juice Technology guiding principle: Just use the adapter that fits in the socket. The JUICE BOOSTER 2 automatically does the rest correctly.
“If the adapter is detected automatically, can I still reduce the charging current if I want to?”
Yes. Before you start charging, you can lower the amp value to the desired setting using the SELECT button. The JUICE BOOSTER 2 will remember the set value (even in the case of a power failure in the meantime) unless you connect a different adapter.
“I have reduced-price night-time electricity at home after 22:00. Can I plug the JB2 into the unpowered outlet (CEE 16 3Ph) so I can charge my Zoe, for example, from 01:00 at 16A (the outlet is controlled by a timer switch)?”
Yes. The JUICE BOOSTER 2 remembers the set value (even in the case of no voltage in the meantime) unless you plug in a different adapter. As soon as your outlet has power, the JUICE BOOSTER 2 will boot up and start the vehicle charging process.
“I already have a type 2 cable in the Tesla. Do I need to use that as well?”
The type 2 cable only works for charging at public charging stations. For charging at all other outlets, it does not fit (which is precisely what the JUICE BOOSTER 2 is for). If you now also use the type 2 adapter on the JUICE BOOSTER 2, you will not need your old cable anymore at all. You will save space and weight. Keep it at home as a spare or sell it on EBay.
“I have an old J15 outlet here. Is there an adapter for that as well?”
JUICE is continually expanding its range of adapters. Your requests are always welcome. Please get in touch.
“Can I exchange the basic adapter provided as standard?”
The JUICE BOOSTER 2 is a series product produced in large quantities. The adapters included as standard are determined at the factory and correspond to the range available in our shop. We are able to meet additional adapter needs at extremely attractive prices. Of particular interest price wise, is the comprehensive worry-free travel set which almost two thirds of Booster purchasers have so far also purchased.
“JUICE emphasises the 6mA DC residual current protection. What is so special about it?”
Since February 2016, the standard applicable to IC-CPD (In Cable Control and Protection Device), which applies to portable charging stations, stipulates:
The device must switch off with a DC residual current of >= 6mA and may not switch itself back on again. The reason for this is that other A RCDs (residual current devices) in the building will be premagnetized and rendered ineffective. If an IC-CPD DC residual current device only triggers at greater than 6mA, it produces a false sense of security since it is actually just as ineffective as if it were not there.